M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Thursday, June 23, 2011

What a difference 6 months this makes!

It was 6 months ago today when I heard the words "You have myeloma" come out of my doctors mouth. Certainly the most horrible news I had ever heard, and a couple of days before Christmas...not a fun time.

Today all my myeloma markers are normal (indicating complete response), and at Day +10 of my second autologous stem cell transplant and I have already recovered my white cell count to the normal range! 3.29 today! I'm 3/4 of the way to maintenance therapy on a treatment plan I believe in, at an amazing treatment center, with a kick-ass doctor. Things are good and we wouldn't be here without the all our amazing friends and family!

Sent from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Just saw your Mom's reaction... may have to call maintenance to repair the ceiling plaster and roof joints she was sooooo thrilled, I'll bet she's still airborne.
    This is great news. And when you get around to it, I'd be happy to proof read your book which should be an inspiration to others who are facing life-threatening illness. God Bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JODY!!! Awesome!!! A complete response. You are amazing, my dear friend. Can't wait for you to come home :).

    ReplyDelete