M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Friday, June 10, 2011

So far so good

Day 2 of melphalan, Day -3 for transplant 2.

Yesterday morning we had a little excitement. We walked out to the car and found someone had taken the liberty to rummage around in it overnight. I had been so good about locking it too. Luckily there was nothing valuable in there so we cleaned up an headed to the clinic. I did call the police when we got back so they could record it. He said they had arrested someone nearby overnight on what the suspected was a stolen scooter.

The excitement didn't end when we got to the infusion clinic. A few minutes after we sat down one of the nurses came running out and grabbed the defibrillation paddles and ran down into to a staff-only hallway where I didn't think any patient care was located. Within a few minutes other nurses came running out then cavalry came running in from the hospital, and eventually someone brought a stretcher. We were all a little bewildered in the waiting room, but we didn't have a good view of what was going on. I asked my nurse once we got back into the clinic, and she said all she knew was a staff member had gotten hurt. Never a dull moment!

The melphlan was pretty uneventful, we were out of the clinic by about 1 or so. We hit up a place called the Buffalo Grill for lunch, need to get as many solid meals in as possible before my taste buds go and the queasiness sets in. We both went for cheeseburgers and we weren't disappointed!

This morning I was a little sleepy. I definitely don't seem to get the "up" most people get from the dex. The clinic was pretty standard, a little bit of a wait to get back but we were out again today by about 1-ish. All my labs looked good and Deena (my APN, or head honcho nurse overseeing the transplant) stopped by. I love Deena!

Today we hit up the the Whole Hog Cafe for lunch, a BBQ place recommended to me by fellow MIRT patient Nick of Nick's Myeloma Blog. Again we were not disappointed. We both went for brisket, and we had our choice of 6 sauces on the table. The potato salad was fabulous!! So now some rest and I'm sure the hockey game will be on in here later!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment: