M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Friday, June 17, 2011

Day +4

Still hanging in there. I had been feeling pretty bad the past couple of days, a lot of nausea that we just couldn't get under control. I wasn't really eating or drinking anything because of it so that made me feel even worse. Deena gave me a 24 hour zofran infuser yesterday and I started dissolving the Ativan under my tongue instead of swallowing it and now i'm feeling much better. I've been able to eat pretty well since last night. My blood pressure was really low this morning and my heart rate was jumping pretty high to compensate so Deena sent me home with an infusion pump of fluids. I hate carrying the bag, but it's better than risking passing put when I get out of bed! My white count is still on the way down, I had an artificial jump the other day when they started the growth factor shots, but now we are back on the down trend waiting to bottom out. I'll have to look back at my decline from last time, maybe I'll get all nerdy and plot it out.

I saw the PA in the clinic today, and he said everything is going well and made another appointment for next Friday...if all goes smoothly it could be a discharge appointment! The mission between now and then is to not catch any little nasties. Fingers and toes crossed!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I would totally have plotted it out and extrapolated. Nerds rule!

    ReplyDelete