M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Monday, June 20, 2011

Looks like things are on the up

Had a very very very small uptick in my white count today. From 0.02 to 0.04, but an increase all the same. Let's hope it continues tomorrow, because honestly it's terrifying not having a functioning immune system. Every time I hear someone cough or sneeze I jump like it's a gunshot.

Still feeling pretty good, tired but at least the nausea is pretty much gone and my appetite is back. I'm still waiting to see what my stomach thinks of the spicy dinner I just ate, black beans and rice with andouille sausage. Maybe not the smartest move, but it smelled so good I had to try it!

I also decided to nerd out and make a graph of my white blood cell counts for the two transplants so here it is:

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are right on track!!! Hope dinner was kind to you, it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody-

    Love the chart... right up my alley! and I love the progress the little red dots are making.

    Andouille? Seriously, girl... you need something tasty... like polenta and parmaggiano! ;)

    Keep up your great progress. You're absolutely amazing!

    If thoughts and prayers had wings, you'd be home right now.

    Ileana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Played catchup on your case and maybe getting a little smarter about how this process works. My cousin's son is a HS senior determined to get into this kind of medicine so I told him about you and am connecting him (Skylar) to your blog.
    His grandfather,my uncle Art, is battling a stomach cancer at age 88 so we're doing a lot of cross-country prayers. You keep mending Jody!!
    x0x0, the Dekes!

    ReplyDelete