M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Saturday, June 25, 2011

I might have kept the line...

Had I known it would take the nurse 3 attempts to place an IV today in the clinic! They wanted to give me fluids since my heart rate was up and she had a hell of a time getting the IV in. She called someone else in after the first two attempts failed and thankfully she finally got it in my wrist.

As for my counts, my white count is still about 7, my hemoglobin creeped up a tiny bit, and platelets were up from 67 to 69. All this indicates I am indeed making new white cells, red cells, and platelets. My CRP (the inflammation marker) was normal too, so overall it's good news and hopefully what they are looking for to let me fly home tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like progress, which when you look back at the last 6 months, may be coming in smaller but still significant increments versus big red carpet events. But progress is progress and every day brings you closer to the goal of kicking this thing into the history book. Have a great Sunday and we hope it's capped by a plane ride home! The Dekes

    ReplyDelete