M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm famous!

I was sitting in the myeloma clinic this morning waiting for the script for my fentanyl lollipop (more on this later), when a woman approached me and asked if I was Jody. She said she had just come across my blog the other day and recognized me! I think she said her name was Cheryl and her husband was recovering from a transplant. They are from New York State and were hoping to be discharged soon, she said they had been here quite a while and they were anxious to get home to meet their new grandson. I'm glad she enjoyed the blog and I wish her and her husband well! I hope we cross paths again. I also got to talk to a few of the "new recruits" since Tuesday is usually the day the new patients start their evaluations. They all seemed quite overwhelmed, hopefully they all settled in and found their way around.

Other than that the start to the day was actually a bit annoying. I was scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy at 7:45 and as soon as I parked I realized they had forgotten to give me the script for the fentanyl lollipop. I went over to the myeloma clinic to try to get a script and of course it was just my luck that everyone who could sign the script was in a "Tuesday morning meeting". So I had to wait and have them reschedule the bone marrow biopsy. I was worried at first that it would mess up my schedule since they need the results at my doctor's appointment tomorrow and the scheduler was telling me they were booked solid for the day. Luckily they were able to find a way to squeeze me in at 10:45. The biopsy itself was fine, I barely felt it at all (unlike last time). I hope I get this tech again, she was great.

Afterwards I returned home to try to get some work done and spent an hour and a half on the phone with the Help Desk at work trying to figure out why my computer won't connect to their network and we never did come to a resolution. I had to be 'escalated' to someone who maybe knows what they are doing. Fun times!

But in a little while I'm off for dinner at J & M's place. J is taking a longer break before his next transplant so I won't see them in the clinic this time around. It will be nice to catch up, and It will be my first trip to North Little Rock!


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment