M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Monday, June 6, 2011

Time to get started with the second transplant

I flew in to Little Rock yesterday afternoon...and yes, it's HOT! At least we had a little preview of upper 90's in Baltimore over Memorial Day Weekend to get me ready.

Today was a full day of restaging tests. It started bright and early with bloodwork, then I had an EKG, a lung function test, a cardiac echo, and a PET scan. It finished off with two MRIs this evening. Luckily I got a little break after the PET to get something to eat, you have to fast before the PET so I was starving and in need of some caffeine. The MRIs were grueling though, a total of over 3 hours in the scanner between the two on top of the 40 minutes I spent in the PET scanner earlier. At least they scheduled the scans before the bone marrow biopsy, it's really hard to lay in the scanner when you are sore from the biopsy!

Tomorrow morning is the biopsy, then I'm supposed to have a vertebroplasty on my vertebra that is at risk for compression fracture. I might have to reschedule that though because when I just looked over the paperwork they gave me today I found out they require you to bring someone with you to drive you home. I guess they must do conscious sedation.

Wednesday I will meet with the PA to review the restaging results then get my central line placed. My dad flies in that afternoon. I get started with the melphalan on Thursday morning and the transplant will happen Monday!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you Jody, the whole family is thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery!!

    Love--Lori and the entire family
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete