M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am all sorts of annoyed right now. iPad, yes, I am looking in your direction.

Or maybe I should be looking in Google's direction...

I just for the first time tried to create a new blog post from my iPad. I hadn't even remotely begun to consider that there might be a problem using a Google site from my iPad, but lo and behold it is not at all easy to create or edit posts on Blogspot blogs using an iPad. It is impossible to enter new text unless you are in HTML mode, and I certainly don't want to type all my posts in HTML. For anyone who has used Blogger, the problem is that you can't click into the text entry field, only the subject field. So so annoying. A cursory google search brought up lots of discussion on the topic on message boards, and and there seems to be a third party app available that can help. I haven't investigated that further yet, but I hope its true (and cheap). The other solution is to compose and post messages through email, as I am doing now, but it makes adding images more difficult.

But basically, people have been complaining about this for a year and it hasn't been fixed, and there is much conjecture that the reason it hasn't been fixed is competition. If it's true then shame on both of them!


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. The most hilarious part is 'sent from my ipad' below your post. I'm posting my comment from my iPad so well see how this goes. Just definitely blame it on Steve jobs though! :-)

    ReplyDelete