M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 2 of melphalan, so far so good.

Spent a couple of hours at the clinic this morning for the melphalan infusion. Pretty uneventful. I'm retaining a little water from the dex and my heart rate is up a little on exertion, but nothing unusual. My potassium was a little low so I need to up that in my diet then maybe resort to the awful horse pills they gave me last time. I'm going to try coconut water for potassium this time around. She also advised that I cut down on sugar while on the dex since my blood sugar will be high already. Damn, there goes my nightly ice cream feast!

Yesterday we went for a nice walk at the park by the River Market District downtown since it was a beautiful day and I was feeling good. We got some not so great food at a pizza place since we missed lunch hours at the actual Market. Last night went to see Source Code. It was decent, maybe a little thin in some areas, but pretty good overall. I'm not sure if it deserved the 90% fresh rating it got on Rotten Tomatoes, but I enjoyed seeing my movie boyfriend Jake nonetheless.

I also finally had the pleasure of whooping Alex pretty good on Words with Friends. A rematch has just gotten underway, it will be a battle royale for sure. It's on like Donkey Kong!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Am caught up again and ecstatic to hear things are moving in the direction we all pray for. And your description of the process in terms us unwashed, uneducated and wildly supportive can understand is a great contribution to others who know what this disease brings the patient and their supporters. The Left Coast continues to keep you in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete