M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 3 of pre-transplant chemo, still kicking!

The trip to the clinic was pretty uneventful again. Infusion of melphalan, antinausea meds, shot of Lovenox, labs. My labs all look fine and my potassium was back up a little so the dietary intervention is working. They advised me to start wearing a face mask in the clinic waiting room even before my white blood counts drop, so I asked them if they had any smaller sizes since the standard issue size is WAY to big for my little face. I felt like it couldn't possibly be doing much of anything productive last time around. I think it was more a mix of pure luck and diligent hand cleanliness paranoia that saved me from getting sick last time my counts were low. Luckily my nurse was nice enough to go on a hunt and managed to find some that fit a little better, so I'll have a little more protection.

A little more tired today but otherwise feeling good. I slept ok last night too so I guess I'm lucky that the Dex isn't stringing me out to much. Tomorrow is the last day of chemo before the transplant on Monday!

And in other news, I now may have officially lost faith in Rotten Tomatoes. We just watched Let me In, which also got a 90% rating just like Source Code. Being horror fans, we were hopeful this would be a rare gem of the genre with it's 90% on the Tomatometer. Not even close!

1 comment:

  1. Watch the original ( let the right one in) - it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete