M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The blip was real, and today we had jump!

White cell count was 0.26 today, up from 0.08 yesterday! I still need to get up to 2.0 or higher, but now we are well on the way. At this rate I should be ready to be discharged early next week. I'll probably stick around a few extra days to get the vertebroplasty done so I cam breathe easier about my risk of a compression fracture once I'm with the kids.

Still on a mission not to get sick between now and getting up into the safe zone. Thankfully flu season is officially over here so they decided to pull everyone off Tamiflu. That's at least one less pill to take everyday, and $25 extra dollars in my pocket every 10 days.

Other than that just resting as much as much as possible. Although I have to say my mom is the one that is napping right now! It's hard work being a caretaker too, especially with added stress of all the tornado warnings over the past few days. Us northerners aren't used to those darn sirens! Luckily the sun actually came out for a little while today, we needed that after the span of gray stormy days.

Sent from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Great news about your WBCs!! You are definitely heading in the right direction!!

    I cannot believe all the crazy weather these days between floods and tornados! I am so grateful it has not been worse for you two! I hope that the weather calms down so that people have a chance to recover from all the devastation.

    Sending lots of love and hugs your way!
    Claudie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Woot! Awesome news, glad you're seeing the sun shine, and the trip home is on the horizon. Although the weather in MD isn't much better, at least we don't have sirens.

    ReplyDelete