M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let's take a moment to remember Geraldine Ferraro

This amazing woman and political pioneer had been living with multiple myeloma for 12 years. She passed away this morning in Boston. Here is a link to a CNN article with the details:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/26/obit.geraldine.ferraro/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1


She had been treated by Dr. Anderson at Dana Farber. Here is a link to her first person account of her story posted on the Dana Farber website:

http://www.dana-farber.org/pat/patientprofiles/firstperson/geraldineferraro.asp

2 comments:

  1. Jody, I wanted only to say that I'm as you deeply saddened by the loss of Geraldine. She was a great women fighting restlessly against myeloma. Wanted to say that I'm in quite the same situation as you - but in Europe. I'm 37 years old, have two small children (1,5). Myeloma (d: 2010) has not been planned. Think we should try to follow the footsteps of Geraldine and try to help MMRF and others to knock Mr. Myeloma out. Especially you with your knowledge could be a great help for the myeloma organisations when you have recovered. I'm sure you will have a succesfull therapy with the Arkansas cure at its end!!! In my opinion, you're definitely in the best myeloma centre worldwide. Best to you, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, Thank you for your comment. I HATE to hear of other young people with small children going through this, but it has been great to be in contact with others who can relate. I wish you and your family the best as you go forward with treatment. Please stay in touch, you can send me an email through the address listed in my profile if you wish. Jody

    ReplyDelete