M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday again!

Today was a gorgeous day in Little Rock! Sunny and warm is definitely good for the soul.

It also helped that I've been feeling good all day. I've finally left the zombie-fog induced by the chemo bag behind. They still expect my white blood count to drop over the next couple of days so I could get pretty tired and I'll have to wear a mask when I go out since I'll be susceptible to infections. Once my counts come back up I should be ready for stem cell collection pretty quickly after that. So now it's just back and forth to the clinic for growth factor injections and labs until it's time for collection. The nurse also suggested I request fluids every morning to help keep me hydrated since my blood pressure was still dropping a little when I would stand this morning, and my pulse was racing a bit.

If I can manage to get myself to the clinic early enough to beat the rush (I waited 2 hours this morning!) there should be time to enjoy the 80 degree weather they are forecasting all week.

In other news my hair is definitely starting to fall out a little. Nothing major yet, but I'm shedding more than usual. I'll probably have to buzz it pretty soon, hopefully the head coverings I ordered arrive before it comes to that. There are sure some interesting options out there, hopefully I can find some I feel good about.

One of the guys I've seen at the clinic this week has one like this...


Pretty silly!

3 comments:

  1. that silly hat is availible in all colors....being blond might be fun!!!!
    xoxoxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody- just saw your story on Phil's page. WOW to your story!!! I'm older than you, but just a year ahead of you... as I was disgnosed Dec 2009. Amazing that you are an environmental research scientist and MM chose you... too ironic! The more I hear and read, the more I think all the chemicals we are exposed to, must be linked to this crazy cancer. You're young and strong and have science an medicine at your fingertips! You'll do just fine with all your treatments, and perhaps you will be the research scientist to discover how to eliminate MM! Your kids are adorable!!! Best of luck, Julie from CA

    ReplyDelete