M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Friday, March 25, 2011

Collection is finished!

All done with collection and should be discharged today!

Yesterday I collected 17.1 million cells in the 2 hours they had me hooked up. So today they ran me for another hour and half. I should end up with way more than the 20 million they wanted.

Now I'm waiting for some platelets so I can get my line out.  The collection process depletes platelets and I need a certain level so I'll be sure to clot properly when they take the line out. After that I'll head over to get the line out, then to the clinic to be discharged!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great updates and good news.

    Keeping that positive attitude is so great.

    Aunt Rose and Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful news...you're an overachiever. I hope you give Dr. B some great results with the short arm :-) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news - you're amazing! We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Glad round one is coming to an end :)

    ReplyDelete