M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Monday, August 8, 2011

Still waiting for my white count to drop

The nurses are very anxious to start giving me growth factor shots, every day they bring all the supplies over in anticipation...but so far my white count has stayed above 2. My platelets were down pretty significantly yesterday, but my white count is still holding fast around 3. I guess we'll see what today brings! Feeling pretty good otherwise and my chemistries have all been good, just getting a liter of fluids every day to help with the blood pressure.

Yesterday some thunderstorms rolled through (we missed the rain being in the clinic) but the storms amazingly cooled things off a little for the evening. It was actually nice out and there was a nice breeze. I'm sure it's back to 100 today, but it was a nice little taste of normal weather!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. And my uneducated guess is the GFS helps new platlets grow? But you need to be hydrated and a solid WBC to begin huh. Well let's hope Tues am is a good read for you. We need to get you home and your Dad out of AK before he turns into a chittlin or wants to buy used pickups to scatter on his lawn...

    ReplyDelete