M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Monday, July 18, 2011

Taking my new immune system for a spin

Well I knew it would only be a matter of time before some nasty germs caught up with me, but I was still hoping I could escape getting anything until after my last course of treatment!

I woke up this morning and my throat was on FIRE.  I also have a little nasal congestion but my glands don't seem swollen and I don' have a fever, so that's good news.   I'm just laying low and keeping an eye on it for today.  I took some ibuprofen and my throat feels much better now.  I have to go for labs tomorrow and I already have an appointment to see the nurse practitioner so I'll have her check me out.  

Let's just hope whatever it is clears out before next week, since I'm supposed to be heading back to Arkansas to start consolidation!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your Total Therapy program is working very well for you and this is great news for those who have make decisions as to which route they will take. I was a caregiver for a relative with MM, but now I live too far away. However, the patient is doing well after 2 scts which didn't work and the allo from a sister that has... it is always good to hear great news and I'm intending that every little cell is doing very well and this is continuing for the highest and best good of all concerned, so be it and so it is!!! Whooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your bout with the sore throat bug is over!
    Enjoyed your picture with your Mom and Gramma Lois. You guys rock!!

    ReplyDelete