M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Great to be home!

Flew in Sunday and it feels so good to be home! The kids are excited to have me back. Olivia keeps telling me she loves me, and when we first came in the house Oden sat quietly on my lap for almost a half an hour...and he never sits still!

I'm feeling pretty good, but still get tired very easily. I do miss the security of having my vitals monitored and my labs drawn every day though. I think my electrolytes have been out of whack a little. Monday evening my heart was racing and I hardly slept at all that night. My leg muscles were aching a little too and that and the fast heart rate are both signs of low potassium. It's not too surprising since it had been low last week and I hadn't been so good about taking the supplements for a couple of days. So I restarted those and contacted my local doctor who suggested getting some Pedialyte and trying to up my fluid intake. I'm feeling much better today and tomorrow I go in for labs and to talk to the local doctor. My original Hopkins doctor is helping out with my local care. I wasn't sure if she would since I ditched her for Arkansas, but she agreed so it makes things a little easier...although it might be a little awkward! I really didn't want to have to search for a new doctor though so it's best.

I'm still trying to work out the schedule for the second transplant. I was hoping to go back the first week of June, but they are trying to tell me the 15th because of "the doctor's erratic schedule". We want to move forward as fast as possible since we still have to pay for the rental even when we aren't there. Also, after 90 days on disability my pay is reduced so it will be more of a hardship. Plus I want to be finished up with the intensive portion of treatment that requires me to be down there for weeks at a time before Olivia starts kindergarten in the end of August.

OMG, my baby is starting KINDERGARTEN! We had registration on Monday, so strange to walk into the elementary school! They told us they have 5 kindergarten classes this year. I hope at least a few of the kids she knows from her pre-K class end up in the same class.

Sent from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Wowww, kindergarten!! And I remember when I came to your baby shower. ;)

    Fingers crossed that you can get your preferred dates for this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kindergarten...my baby is graduating from College tomorrow. Love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you possibly sublet the rental while you are home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody, I am soo happy to hear everything is running smoothly for you. You must be thrilled to be home with your family. Kindergarten, OMG, I haven't seen Olivia since before you had Oden they are both so adorable. Enjoy your time at home.
    Love ya-Lori

    ReplyDelete