M is for Myeloma is a place to chronicle my family's newest 'adventure' living with multiple myeloma to keep family and friends updated and also hopefully help others living with the disease.


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy tranplant anniversary to me!

One year ago I received transplant #2!  Today I am in complete remission and an looking forward to spending a fun filled summer with the family.  A summer that will involve a real vacation to the beach and will not involve traveling to Little Rock!  Don't get me wrong, I love me some Little Rock...but trips there always involves a bone marrow biopsy and the stress of waiting for the results, plus it's HOT there in the summer so I'll be happy not going until the end of September.  :)

It was all good news from my last trip there in the beginning of May.  I tried to post from the bone marrow biopsy waiting room, but since iPad is frustratingly not so Blogger friendly I manged to delete it pretty much immediately.  Then I just just completely flaked on trying to recreate it. 

My main observation in that attempted post was that the bone marrow biopsy waiting room is like myleoma social hour.  Everyone is always so chatty...sharing war stories and such.  I'm convinced it's because all the patients are all hopped up on their pre-meds.  One fentanyl lollipop here, two ativan there.  Makes for a lots of interesting conversation.  :)

Now back to the test results.  I think the worst part of each trip to Arkansas is waiting in the intake room for the nurse to print off all the test results and prepare the chart to send you off to the doctor.  They hand you the printouts that hold all the answers you have been waiting for.  For me it's then a race to see how fast I can flip to the bone marrow pathology report.  My heart is always racing and I'm definitely holding my breath as I scan down.  Thankfully it was again a huge sigh of relief to see there was no trace of myeloma!  My light chains are also normal, and some of my smaller bone lesions have healed.  I still have a long way to go with the lesions, but having some of them disappear is a good start.  I was Dr. B's fist patient and he was in a fabulous mood.  It was a day after his birthday (he immediately requested the happy birthday balloons be removed from his office after I mentioned it...ha!), and since he literally had just arrived nothing had yet gone wrong for him to get worked up over.  He wants me to just keep on with the maintenance (revlimid daily, velcade and dex weekly) and keep getting zometa monthly to hopefully help promote healing of the remaining lesions.  Those are the biggest concern for giving any residual or new cancerous cells a place to take hold.  My immune system and the maintenance can handle mopping up a low level, but once all the damaged places in the bones heal I'll be breathing much easier.  He also reduced my dex dose pretty much immediately when he saw me.  Treatment day was the day before, so I was coming down of the dex when I went in.  I'm always very flushed the next day.  The reduced dose seems to be helping me feel not quite so terrible the next morning so that's a good thing. 

So now it's time to enjoy the summer with my family.  Olivia just finished up kindergarten, and Oden will be FOUR in September.  They are doing great, I'm just so proud of them for taking this all in stride too.  :)

So to end here is a recent picture of me (in the middle!) from a recent girls-night-out with some awesome friends who have supported me through all this.  I hope they don't mind being posted!  I figure I should show off my chemo curls. 


11 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! So happy for your positive update! You look so beautiful and happy! Hope you have an incredibly fun and healthy summer! Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so encouraging to read such good news from a young mom who can now look forward to enjoying life with her family. Have a blessed summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody, my sister Beth used to date your brother about 30 years ago...ha. Been following your blog and just checked in today to see how you were doing. I am so happy to see your update!!! YAY! I hope you have a great summer. :) -jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB MY WIFE WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM MYELOMA
    Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far.one of the happiest moment in my life was when the doctor confirm that my wife is been free from this illness. this awesome moments makes me the happiest man on earth, I really don't know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping my wife get cured for over how many year of suffering from myeloma. i came across DR Williams contact through a headline news on internet about how DR Williams help a woman to get cured of her myeloma and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which my wife take every morning for 28 days, and his medicine was able to cure her completely from myeloma. and now she very mush okay without any side effects whatsoever, If you have myeloma , you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS
    I was diagnosed of myeloma in 2011, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor , who prepare herbal medicine to cure different kind of diseases including myeloma , when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he sent me the myeloma herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed by Dr Williams i was totally cured from this disease within 1 months of usage. any body with similar problem can Contact this great herbal doctor via his email drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product,and thanks to you admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from myeloma, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered myeloma in the year 2016 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of bone pain, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the cure to myeloma . I never imagined myeloma has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. myeloma has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS
    I was diagnosed of myeloma in 2011, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor , who prepare herbal medicine to cure different kind of diseases including myeloma , when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he sent me the myeloma herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed by Dr Williams i was totally cured from this disease within 1 months of usage. any body with similar problem can Contact this great herbal doctor via his email drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product,and thanks to you admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr williams is fraud he took from me
    £260/- for tinitus medicines but never send me medicines
    I send him money through money gram and he received money in UAE I have documentry evidences
    I am in london uk my email (husein005@hotmail.com)
    I am tinitus sufferer pls pls for God sake be carefull this address (drwilliams098675@gmail.com)is FRAUD on some pages
    I seen he comes with 098765,ALL ABOVE IF YOU OBSERVE THOROUGHLY SAME NAMES ON DIFFERENT WEB PAGES RECOMENDING DRWILLIAMS098675@GMAIL.COM
    ON DIFFERENT DISEASES THIS ALL SCAM

    ReplyDelete
  9. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid  with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. My Husband gave it a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua  and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situation.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflammatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Diabetes,Herpes Virus,Diabetis,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma. Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer. Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerBipolar Disorder, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,OsteoporosisAlzheimer's disease,Brain cancer.Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The AQLChemical Products and its staff of quiet professionals is committed to delivering the most realistic, fundamentally sound training experience possible. Revlimid – Lenalidomide is used to treat anemia (low red blood cells) in patients with a certain type of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Patients with MDS may have very low red blood cell counts and require blood transfusions.

    How Much Does Medicare pay for Revlimid
    REVLIMID for sale

    Avastin or bevacizumab
    HERCEPTIN – TRASTUZUMAB FOR SALE

    IBRANCE FOR SALE
    keytruda cost

    what is neulasta used for
    OPDIVO FOR SALE

    WHAT IS RITUXAN (RITUXIMAB)
    ZYTIGA FOR SALE

    Feel Free to Contact for more information. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm 55-year-old from Paris, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below, Cancer, HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,
    ?Esophageal cancer,?Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,?Hodgkin lymphoma
    ?Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,?Multiple myeloma,?Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,?Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,?Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,?Vulvar cancer,Hepatitis, Chronic Illness. Lupus,Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete